Our mission is to support artists, by responding to their needs in an ever-changing world.
We do this through:
- Creating the space to support artists needs (both online and offline).
- Creating a culture of nurturing, collaboration and growth.
- Creating opportunities for artists, via meanwhile spaces, commissions and knowledge sharing.
- Encouraging and facilitating good practice in the visual arts.
- Leading on sector research.
Axis is a registered charity, founded in 1991.
As a small team of [artists], curators, producers and writers, having dialogue with our members is critical.
Members influence and inform all our activities and developments. By shifting from the gallery-led system of spectatorship to one that begins with the [artist], we create the opportunity to support a more widely engaged and diverse community of [artists], commissioners and audiences.
We actively seek new collaborations with [artists], producers, curators, commissioners and organisations who share our values and seek to work with, support and profile [artists].
The Axis Team works remotely.
If you have any questions or queries please get in touch via [email protected] or through the online chat.
Our Address is
The Art House,
Wakefield WF1 2TE