***APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED***
Axis seeks to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic evaluator, who will assist our small team at an arts charity committed to supporting and promoting artists.
We are looking for a highly organised individual with a proven track record of evaluation and research who can demonstrate flexibility across the organisation’s varied activities. You will have a keen eye for reflexive practice, the ability to work independently and prioritise effectively, and importantly, help the organisation understand itself through a period of growth and change.
Prior experience working in arts evaluation with an emphasis on community and digital deliveries are preferred.
- Contract Period: 12 months
- Fee: £5,000 flat fee
- Location: Virtual
Purpose of the Role
- To build evaluation across multiple creative project deliveries with consideration to organisational support and development
- To provide deep rooted and embedded evaluation for Axis during a period of organisational growth and development
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 3 years of experience in an evaluative role
- Able to demonstrate success and experience in establishing and delivering effective reflection and monitoring systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational abilities and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and independent timekeeping.
- Proficient in the use of digital tools in particular G-Suite
- The ability to manage workload and prioritise task requests
This is not necessarily a comprehensive list of tasks, but is intended to give a good feel for the content of the role.
- Review corporate strategy against initiatives
- Analyse initiatives against charity 2-year strategy
- Report on diversity and inclusion through deliverables
- Understand safeguarding in artist support and development
- Develop evaluation considering future plans
- Collate feedback and user experience from both staff, members and partners.
- Understand impact of move towards online participation for artists & communities
- Working transparently, sharing all collected data with Axis core team.
- Reporting and highlighting any issues and concerns to Axis core team.
- Collaborate with Axis team to develop evaluation and feedback strategies and modes of collection.
The Evaluator will have contact with a wide range of people, both inside and outside the organisation and will be required to be approachable, professional, insightful and sensitive.
- Artist Members
- Artist Non-Members
- Supporters and donors
Send Covering Letter & CV to [email protected] outlining the following:
- Why are you interested in working with an arts organisation?
- How you have worked independently yet collaboratively in the past?
- Your personal interests in the field of visual arts, social arts and digital arts practice.
Closing Date: Friday 15th April 2022
Start Date: Flexible May 2022